Histoire du Laboratoire

A bit of history of the laboratory

A bit of history of LNCMI in Grenoble (in French)

A history of the Grenoble continuous field laboratory from its creation to its merger with Toulouse's pulsed magnetic field infrastructures

A bit of history of the LNCMI in Toulouse (in French)

The production and use of pulsed magnetic fields began in Cambridge in 1924 with the work of P. L. Kapitza. It began in 1965 in Toulouse, under the leadership of S. Askénazy, in the Laboratoire de Physique du Solide (LPS) then headed by Charles Fert, at the Paul Sabatier University newly established on the Site of Rangueil.